A superfood bowl is a true nutrient-dense fuel, an antioxidant powerhouse that will really help boost immunity and aid recovery and tiredness after exercise. It’s a mini multi-vitamin/multi-mineral package in a bowl and is good for brain function and mood too.
For those looking for good organic super greens, I recommend Synergy Natural’s Organic Spirulina, Wheat Grass, Barley Grass or Chlorella. The company also offers a super green blend available at many health food stores or at www.nutrimarket.co.uk
My favourite protein powders are Sunwarrior Classic Plus or Warrior Blend.
I formulated a weight loss range for Healthista so, of course, its Lean Vegan Diet Protein is another that I recommend and is available in selected supermarkets, health food stores and online at www.healthista.com
Find my Sixty Second Smoothie videos online at healthista.com too – there are thirty of them, so lots of variety. See below for some starter smoothie suggestions: notice they are fruit and vegetable combinations to regulate blood sugar levels and consequently reduce cravings.
• Raspberry, blueberry, chia seeds, linseeds, cinnamon, date, coconut yoghurt and rice milk
• Avocado, spinach, date, prune, fig and coconut water
• Pineapple, banana, apple and coconut milk
• Banana, date, fig, kale, cashews and almond milk
• Beetroot, raspberry, blackberry, ginger and coconut water
• Raspberry, cacao, yoghurt, chia seeds, spinach and almond milk
• Mixed berries, oats, seeds, almonds, spinach and hemp milk
• Melon, pear, mango, pineapple, kale and coconut milk
• Pineapple, ginger, celery and coconut water
• Carrot, kiwi and coconut water
• Spinach, apple, pineapple and rice milk
• Carrot, apple, ginger and coconut water/milk
• Watermelon, cherry, beetroot, raspberry and water